Installation and Maintenance
The sequence for ordering a system follows:
- Invite Dean to visit your site to discuss locations and details.
- Test the flow rate: ideally it should be 10-12 gpm. If it is less, plan on adding a booster pump and a holding tank with float switches.
- Pre-pay for the basic system. It should arrive within 7-10 days.
- Once your system has arrived, you have the choice of waiting for your water test results before installing it, or you can install it immediately but leave space on each side in case additional equipment will be required.
- The system includes a water test kit. For distant installations, you will receive the kit, and your system will be sent once the results are known.
- Place the ice pack in the freezer at least the day before taking water samples and sending in your test kit. So the bacteria survive, send the kit on Monday or Tuesday — not just before the weekend.
- Have Dean help you to set up the tanks and to discuss location details.
- Plumb the system. Either hire a plumber or you can do this yourself. Dean offers free remote consultation, and instructions are included here.
- Once the system is plumbed, have Dean inspect that it was installed correctly. He will connect the wires, backwash the tanks, review how everything works, and explain how to maintain it.
- Choose a place to set or hang a dedicated notebook with a pen to log all maintenance activities.