Chlorine-Free Pools and Spas
Chlorine is harmful to breathe, bleaches swimsuits, dries out skin and hair, and becomes inert and ineffective even though it still off-gasses. Chlorine is a heavy gas that rests on the top of 6″ of air above the water level, so that each breath a swimmer inhales contains chlorine fumes. It is not healthy to swallow a lot of chlorine. Chlorine is a carcinogen and must be added on a regular basis to the water in order to kill bacteria and pathogens in the water.
The alternative is to oxidize and ionize the water with an ECOsmarte system, which eliminates any need for chlorine.
ECOsmarte Pool System
ECOsmarte Pool System Maintenance
Depending on usage, test the water daily, weekly, or monthly. There are four specific elements to test for: pH, copper, hardness, and phosphates.
Ideal pH is 6.8
Desirable range: 6.6-7.2
If the level is above 7.2, add acid
Ideal range is .4-.7
If the reading is low, ionize the water for a day by running the copper setting
Ideal is 400 parts
If the level is below 300,
add calcium chloride flakes
Ideal is zero phosphates
If phosphates exist, add
C-Clear Phosphate Remover
- Turn off the pump, close valves before and after the chamber.
- Unscrew the wires.
- Unscrew the unions.
- Mix 1 part muriatic acid and 5 parts of water in a bucket.
- Fill a second bucket with water for rinsing after the acid bath.
- Wearing gloves, remove the chamber and set it in the acid bucket for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the chamber from the acid, rinse it off in the water bucket, and replace it by tightening the unions and fastening the wires.
Download the troubleshooter guide onto your cell phone as well as onto your computer so that it is handy when you are on location. The link is: