- Arsenic naturally occurs in the ground as Arsenic 3. In order to be filtered out, it must be converted to Arsenic 5 by oxidizing it with ozone or oxygen. Arsenic 5 can then be substantially removed with filtration.
- An ECOsmarte system will reduce the arsenic level but will not remove it all. If the arsenic level is borderline, the ECOsmarte system alone might be sufficient to keep the level within the approved safe range of 0.01 or less without the need to add an arsenic system.
- A dedicated arsenic system will remove about 80% of the arsenic.
- A reverse osmosis system will remove 100% of Arsenic 5.
- The price range of a whole-house arsenic system is $1600-$2000.
- If your water test results show the arsenic level to be above the approved EPA tolerance level for safety of 10 parts (0.01), ECOsmarte will include an additional arsenic system for the cost of the media alone.
- It is recommended to check your arsenic level every six months.
- Depending on the amount of arsenic and the volume of water used, the arsenic media must be replaced once every five to fifteen years.